Core Ministry Value 1
Lost people matter to God. He wants them found. The call or "Commission" of every follower of Jesus Christ is to go into all the world, and preach the Good News to all creation. (Mark 16:15) Through the ministry of the Washington Alliance Church, God has given us an exciting way to respond to His call to share the message of salvation through Jesus Christ. While it is the goal of the Washington Alliance Church to edify the Body of Christ, the primary goal of the Washington Alliance Church is evangelistic outreach at home in our local community and abroad through financial support of the Great Commission Fund, cross cultural mindset of our youth, support of short term mission projects. In order for the leadership/teachers to be part of this process, it is essential that each have a clear testimony concerning their relationship with Jesus Christ and a developing Great Commission attitude.
Core Ministry Value 2
Prayer is the essential work of the people of God. In order to have a meaningful leadership/teacher position, prayer is a necessary ingredient to a person in leadership/teacher position and to their commitment to the ministry of the Washington Alliance Church.
Core Ministry Value 3
Everything we have belongs to God; we are only His stewards. Although God has allowed us to participate in the dissemination of the Gospel as leaders/teachers of the Washington Alliance Church, ultimately, it is HIS ministry. This truth not only should cause us to treat all of our people with respect, but should remind us that our talents and abilities are gifts imparted to us by God. All that God has given us should be used for His glory alone. In addition to the regular weeks of ministry, whether in a leadership or teaching position, you may be asked from time to time to participate in training sessions, evaluations, and/or to help in forming outreach and direction for the Washington Alliance Church. Our main goal is to ensure that we are conducting ourselves in a what that acknowledges the Lordship and plan of the Almighty God.
Core Ministry Value 4
Knowing and obeying God's Word are fundamental to all true success. Though agreement with these guidelines is the essential participation in a leadership/teaching position, the Supreme Rule Book for all success as Christians is the Word of God. Through the Old Testament we are instructed, so not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful (Joshua 1:8). Consequently, the furtherance if the ministry at the Washington Alliance Church is contingent upon each member spending regular time in God's Word. As a leader or teacher at the Washington Alliance Church, we encourage you to be a part of a discipleship group, if possible.
Core Ministry Value 5
Achieving God's purposes will mean taking faith-filled risks and a willingness to change. In order to experience God's highest plan for our lives, it is important that we remain teachable and demonstrate a willingness to be stretched for His kingdom. The Word of God instructs us to put no confidence in the flesh (Phillipians 3:3). Rather, as we step out in faith, we are called to trust God to provide the added ability that is needed to perform new tasks. Doing so requires that we continously excercise an attitude of patience and understanding toward onr another.
Core Ministry Value 6
God has called us into a faith community. We belong to each other. I Corinthians 12:12 & 27 explain that the Body (of Christ) is a unit and each of (us) is a part of it. Consistent with this message, each leader/teacher is a vital component to the overall success of the ministry. Recognizing that we are all part of one's team, each member is called to respect one another;s gifts and ideas. This includes being supportive of those in leadership. With these thoughts in mind, leaders/teachers help encouarge and edify the team ministry by: 1) Making every effort to attend committee meetings, events, or keep the committments of a teaching position. Leaders/teachers are asked to contact the person in charge of their ministry if they are unable to fulfill their commitment on any particular day/evening. 2) Being regular attendess of the Washington Alliance Church. Though not mandatory for involvement in teaching positions, it is encouarged to become an official member of the Washington Alliance Church as this demonstrates a commitment to the central vision of the church.
Statement of Faith
1. There is one God,(1) who is infinitely perfect,(2) existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(3)
( Deuteronomy 6:4,  Matthew 5:48,  Matthew 28:19)
2. Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man.(4) He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.(5) He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust,(6) as a substitutionary sacrifice,(7) and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.(8) He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures.(9) He is now at the right hand of Majesty on high as our great High Priest.(10) He will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace.(11)
( Philippians 2:6-11,  Luke 1:34–38,  I Peter 3:18,  Hebrews 2:9,  Romans 5:9,  Acts 2:23–24,  Hebrews 8:1,  Matthew 26:64)
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine person,(12) sent to dwell, guide, teach, empower the believer,(13) and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.(14)
( John 14:15–18,  John 16:13, Acts 1:8,  John 16:7–11)
4. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.(15)
( 2 Peter 1:20–21, 2 Timothy 3:15–16)
5. Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God:(16) he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature,(17) are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.(18) The portion of the unrepentant and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment;(19) and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.(20)
( Genesis 1:27,  Romans 3:23,  1 Corinthians15:20–23,  Revelation 21:8,  Revelation 21:1–4)
6. Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.(21)
( Titus 3:4–7)
7. It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly,(22) being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service.(23) This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.24
( 1 Thessalonians 5:23,  Acts 1:8,  Romans 6:1–14)
8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body.(25) Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.(26)
( Matthew 8:16–17,  James 5:13–16)
9. The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, (27) which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.(28) The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper.(29)
( Ephesians 1:22–23,  Matthew 28:19–20,  Acts 2:41–47)
10. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life;(30) for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.(31)
( 1 Corinthians 15:20–23,  John 5:28–29)
11. The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent(32) and will be personal, visible, and premillennial.(33) This is the believer's blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.(34)
( Hebrews 10:37,  Luke 21:27,  Titus 2:11–14)